- This event has passed.
FIS Snow Kidz – Seek a Snowflake
March 20 2017 - March 26 2017Free
Seek a Snowflake
Contact person Nikos Yannoulis,
The HWSF (Hellenic Winter Sports Federation) takes responsibility for promoting snow-based activities for children and strives to bring children to the snow. Children will have the opportunity to play in the snow, be introduced to a sport that they previously did not know and to have their abilities assessed in a skills park if they so wish.
2) The Aims:
- To attract children who have no previous sports experience in the snow
- To introduce ski racing in a fun and pleasurable way
- To assess children’s ability in skills parks with individual HWSF Passport Levels if they wish to.
- This Event to become the annual National snow day celebration for children and their families and increase the number of Events every year.
- To be staged simultaneously in a Northern and Southern Greece Ski resort with activities and skills parks for all sports (Alpine, Nordic, Snowboard and Freestyle) and invite local primary Schools to participate.
- To be included/registered in the FIS development programs (Snowkidz)
- and to communicate effectively with the media.
3) Target group
Children (5-12 years), Primary Schools, ski club Youngsters U12, and separate Individual kids with their families.
4) The HWSF Snow Flake Passport
The personal HWSF passport rewards the skier for their achievements and promotes a sense of progress as they advance through the various technical skills levels. This allows for a continuity to be created among Clubs & Ski Schools and across snow sport education. Each event will be an instigator that will result in new children participating in ski racing, and also skiing for leisure. The procedure is optional.
We kindly invite all Hellenic Snowkidz Organizers Ski Clubs and ski schools and to stage a “Seek a Snowflake” Event after the 19th of February on their respected Ski Resort.